Guidelines for providing data
Please follow the follow guidelines in order to provide data for inclusion in the Open Data Register of Patent Ownership (ORoPO):
- Export granted patent and published patent application numbers, together with country codes, owned, either directly, or through sibsidiaries by your organization (CSV file)
- If there are many patent owners within your organization, it is sufficient to make the declaration at the parent or holding company level only.
- Guidelines on preparing the CSV file
- Provide the contact the information (Contact Information)
Name of organisation:
Unique identifier for organisation†:
Contact email address*:
Contact phone number*:
* These details will not be visible on the public register
† This is a national / regional corporate identifier for your organisation, e.g. a company number, or LEI. If you do not know the unique identifier for your organisation, contact email@example.com for assistance. This will generally be the registered number of the company making the declaration.
- Complete sign and scan the ORoPO declaration form (Declaration)
- Participation on ORoPO is voluntary. Ownership information is provided in good faith, but without accepting any legal obligation or liability.
- ORoPO declaration form
- Send (i) CSV file, (ii) Contact Information and (iii) Declaration by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ownership information should be updated on ORoPO every 3 months. ORoPO will send an email reminder to the designated contact.